- Criminal justice counselling
- Expert within the Ontario criminal justice system
Trish Scott HSC RP is the Founding Principal and Clinical Director at ReConnect Distance Counselling. She has over 30 years of experience working as a Human Services Counsellor and Psychotherapist. Most of her clients have been involved in the Ontario Criminal Justice System.
Specialties recognized by the Ontario Court of Justice
Approved service provider – Veterans Affairs Canada
- Judicial Interim Release: Domestic Violence (in lieu of PAR), Anger Management, Substance Abuse, Criminal Harassment, Fraud/Theft, Historic and Current Sex Assault/Indecency, Criminogenic Behaviours.
- Probation and Parole: Domestic Violence (in lieu of PAR), Anger Management
- Ministry of the Attorney General: Our service has been approved by – Victims & Vulnerable Persons Division / Victim Quick Response Program / Criminal Injuries Compensation Board / Peel Victim Services. Counselling victims of violence including domestic violence, stranger attacks, attempted murder and sexual assault.
- Provide Counselling, Assessments and Pre-sentencing Reports at various detention centres: Central East, Toronto South, Central North, Maplehurst Detention Centre.
- Attend Parole Board Hearings on behalf of clients when appropriate.
- Children’s Aid Society, City of Kawartha Lakes and Durham Region. Court-ordered Individual, Couple and Family Counselling. Anger Management and Substance Abuse.
35 years of experience
- Psychodynamic Counsellor – 35 yrs.
- Registered Psychotherapist – 5 yrs.
- Criminal Justice Counselling – 26 yrs.
- Private Counselling Practice – 27 yrs.
- Counsellor Training & Education – 16 yrs.
- Author – The Head, Heart and Soul Approach to Counselling – Counsellor Education Series. Published in 2009.
- Expert Guest in the award-winning documentary “It’s All About Me” – Producer/ Director, Antoine Gaber, 2013
- The Head, Heart and Soul Group – 2001/2011 – Owner/Facilitator – Recognized as a continuing education resource by CAMH Knowledge X-change program and CACCF.
- Addiction Studies Program Coordinator and course facilitator – Centennial College – 1995/2011
- Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counsellor (ICADC) 1995-2011
- Clinical Supervisor, Program Coordinator – 1997/2006 – Just For Today – Agency providing services to criminal justice clients; anger management, domestic violence, substance abuse, group and individual counselling.
- Youth Clinical Services – 1990/1992 – One of the first two counsellors hired at this agency situated in the underserved community in the Jane/Finch corridor of the GTA. Individual and Family Counselling for those dealing with issues relating to anti-social behaviour, addiction and distressed family systems